March 6, 2017

Love is in the Air ft. Winnie & Walter


Hello and welcome! Today I have yet another rainbow card to share with you. This card is heavily inspired by Keren's Off the Page challenge. (Shown below) 



As I was looking through my stash and searching for some inspiration, I thought: What would be more fitting than balloons to go off the page? So, tada! Here it is. The images I used on this card are mainly from Winnie & Walter's So Tweet set. 

I decided to use thin wire instead of acetate strips to support my balloons since it would look more natural. After a little research I purchased this roll of black 22 gauge wire from Amazon, and it has the exact same width as the string on the balloon image. So glad it turned out to be perfect. :) 

I also decorated my balloons with smaller images from the same set, as well as the dew drops border stamp from W&W's In Bloom: Julie's Roses set and the spark images from W&W's My Precious set. I don't use the small, complementary images very often, but I thought it was a great way to incorporate them into today's project. 


Does the pink ombre on this word die look familiar to you? Well, I used the same color combination (R20, RV32, RV34) as the one  shown in my Shine Bright Like a Diamond card. I just love this look. <3 Besides, it's the only bright color that's not included in the rainbow. I completed the sentiment by handwriting it with a white gel pen. With heart shaped balloons floating in the sky, love literally is in the air, don't you think? ;)

Challenges Entered: 
   
Winnie & Walter 3rd Birthday Bash: Three Challenge (I used 3 stamp sets: So Tweet, My Precious, In Bloom: Julie's Roses) / Sequin Challenge / Bright Colors Challenge / Mood Board Challenge (Inspired by the colors) / Cute Critter Challenge / Off the Page Challenge // Dies R Us: Something New (First time I used wire in my project)

    
Penny Black and More: ATGTime Out: Love/Friendship (I chose the love theme) / Seven Hills: Tic Tac Toe (Animals, Watercolor, Bold Shades)

7 Kids: ATG (I used R20 Copic marker)

10 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card and the black makes the colors just pop right off the card...beautiful!! thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Another AWESOME creation! I have never done an all black background card like this but it is AWESOME! Those happy bold colored balloons really POP! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Something New’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the black base and colorful elements. Super creative and fun. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! What a stunner of a card! The black background is so striking, and I love how the colours pop against it. Super way of taking the balloons "off the page" too - really fab! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the bright colors - love the copic on the glitter paper. What a great effect! Thanks for joining in our birthday festivities at Time Out Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, fun card. The wire is perfect for the baloons and the bird looks so cute perched on the sentiment, Thanks for sharing it with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs.
    Kathy
    DRU DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to see you playing along with us at Time Out multiple times :) Love how fun and cheery your cards are. Adorable with a capital A!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so sweet! i love the balloons floating above the card, the colours and especially the ombre sentiment - beautiful! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous and pretty card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. The balloons colors really makes me feel so happy ^_^. Wonderful cards you have here ^_^

    Thank you for joining 7 kids challenge blog at 7 kids your crafting supply store. i hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Yenni

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.